Why Cape Town?
Cape Town was voted #1 destination city in the world.
What’s the Top Reason to Come to Cape Town?
Our Beautiful, Reliable, Predictable, Blow-All-Summer-Long Wind.
- Great windy conditions from October – April
- Gorgeous weather for windsurfing and kiting
Cape Town has phenominal wind during the summer season.
It’s consistent and won’t dissapoint or leave you stranded. It literally blows from morning til night, and then some.
Questions About Cape Town
Crime in Cape Town is more often than not petty theft. It can be easily avoided by concealing your valuables, not leaving valuables unattended and not leaving items lying about in your car while you’re in the water. Rather store valuables in the boot (trunk) of the car, or leave them at your accommodation.
Nope, unfortunately wild animals stopped roaming our streets about 300 years ago but check out these reserves when you need to satisfy the call of the wild.
- You can find wild animals in free-roaming game reserves like this one here.
- You can also visit Boulders Beach to spot the local colony of penguins.
- There’s great shark diving (cage) for the brave with nerves of steel.
How Does Cape Town Compare?
The one thing that probably sets us apart from the rest of the world kiting and windsurfing destinations is the language barrier: there is none.
English is the official language of South Africa, so communication is fluid and easy. For more detail on how Cape Town compares with the rest of the world’s kiting destinations, click here.
Feel Like a Local… Not Like a Tourist
Here’s the Inside Scoop on Cape Town:
There’s so much to do and see in Cape Town, we’re giving you the bare essentials here.
We highly recommend walking through our beautiful City on foot and exploring the coffee shops, music shops and vintage shops that give Cape Town so much character.
- We love these local markets (fresh produce and more) (especially The Biscuit Mill)
- You’ll find us at these local restaurants (real food for real Capetonians) Check out our Blogs for favourite local haunts.
- We think these places have the best waves
- For flat water, these spots rank best
- We support these shops for the best deals on gear
- We vouch for these watersports-friendly places to stay
If you need to bring your kids and pets along, this beautiful city always delivers on every front.
Click on the images below to get more ideas on what to do in and around Cape Town.